There are no course or major requirements for admissions into the MSISP degree program. The program's interdisciplinary curriculum is designed to engage and educate professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Qualified applicants will demonstrate a substantial interest in understanding and improving the issues surrounding information security and privacy.
Admissions Dates and Deadlines
Enrollment is currently open for Fall 2023. We have divided the application period leading up to June 1 into 3 rounds of applications in order to give applicants a clear idea when to expect a decision after applying. Each round has two important dates:
- Application deadline: Due date for each round of reviews
- Notification dates: Date admissions decisions are sent
You can apply in any of the three rounds, but there are limited seats in each cohort, and those seats are reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Applications Due: January 15, 2023
Decision Date: February 15, 2023
Applications Due: April 15, 2023*
Decision Date: May 15, 2023
Applications Due: June 1, 2023
Decision Date: June 15, 2023
**April 15 2023 is the final deadline for full-time international applicants
To apply on time, you must successfully submit your application, along with all of the necessary application materials, before 11:59 PM CST the date of the application deadline.
Please note that uploads require verification, a process which can take 2-3 business days. You should upload your transcripts well in advance of our application deadline to allow adequate time for processing, otherwise your application may be considered late.
Acceptance of admission
If admitted to the program, a $1,000 deposit is required to reserve your space in the upcoming cohort. The deposit will be applied towards Fall tuition and is non-refundable.
The MS ISP program welcomes international applications. International students that wish to take the standard part-time program from their home country can take the entire program online--there is no requirement to visit the university or take any classes in-person.
- International students that wish to take the standard part-time program from their home country can take the entire program online--there is no requirement to visit the university or take any classes in-person.
- International students intending to study in the U.S. under an F1 or J1 Visa are required to enroll in an additional 3-credit hour independent study course each semester (not including summer) in order to reach the full-time enrollment status required for the Visa.
- Full-time students studying on an F1 or J1 visa must attend ALL classes in-person. Please contact u
- The tuition cost for full-time students is $63,000. Please note that health insurance fees—which are required for international students—and an international student support service fee are not included and will be billed separately.
- Please note that as per University of Texas guidelines for Option III programs (including the MSISP), MSISP students are not elegible for TA, AI, GRA, AA, or A(G) appointments or departmental fellowships, nor for university financial aid, except federal guaranteed loans and some private sector loans.
For more information about international admissions, please visit: https://gradschool.utexas.edu/admissions/how-to-apply/international-students
All inquiries about F1 and J1 visas are handled by the international graduate admissions department: https://gradschool.utexas.edu/admissions/contact